Parish Clerk
Tel 649 873
Kirk Ella logo
Kirk Ella & West Ella Parish Council
West Ella Logo

-This Page updated - September 7, 2020->->
Web Site created and maintained by Graham Latter

home buttonabout buttoncouncil buttonevents buttoncommunity buttonplanning buttonarchives buttonlinks button
Local Planning Information

How the Planning System Works

  • Applicant applies to East Riding Of Yorkshire Council (ERYC) for planning permission if needed.
  • ERYC refers the application to the Parish Council and to some residents who maybe directly affected (such as residing next door) for comments.
  • The Parish Council does not take the final decision but can either approve or recommend refusal, taking into account views of residents who can attend Parish Council meetings to state their views. In many cases the Parish Council may well sympathise with your views but the final decision does not always follow their recommendations.
  • The application then goes back to ERYC (Western Planning Committee) for a decision, taking into account the Parish Council's and Resident's views who may be allowed to attend committee meetings.
  • An appeal against a ERYC decision can be made to the Planning Inspectorate at Bristol who will give a final decision. This can only be challenged in the High Court.
Planning Applications

To view Kirk Ella & West Ella Planning Applications via the East Riding Planning Public Access Page select Kirkella Parish Council in the Parish box, select some date ranges in the Date Application Received or Date Application Validated boxes then click the Search button. From the list of applications displayed click on the Click to view button you require.

If you have the reference number (available from the Parish Clerk and published in Council minutes) you can view a planning application via the East Riding Planning Public Access Page and enter the number in the Application Reference box then click the Search button.

Planning applications can also be viewed on the notice boards, located outside St. Andrew's Church, Kirk Ella and outside the Memorial Hall, Beverley Road, Kirk Ella or at ERYC Customer Service Centres in Anlaby & Hessle.

Residents can contact or address the Parish Council or send comments direct to the appropriate Case Officer at Planning & Development Control, County Hall, Beverley, HU17 9BA. quoting the reference number.

Whilst unable to express an opinion publicly, your Ward Councillors will also listen to applicants and objectors comments on planning applications - see Local Links page for their contact details.

Contact the Parish Clerk
if you require any other information or assistance.